Thursday, November 22, 2007

#21 Podcasting

My daughter sorted me out with ITunes recently and it is really handy to be able to have a wide selection of music on my Ipod. For the current exercise I looked at podcast.net and tried a few unusual subjects, with no success, so went for some more common ones such as Storytelling and Book Reviews, with more luck. I also had some success looking up authors such as Jane Austen and Anthony Trollope. I also discovered that there are volunteers out there who do podcasts of full-text public domain books. There is Audiobooks with Annie, where Annie reads aloud from quite a few classic titles. There is also a site called babblebooks, which I'm just about to look at, which has dozens of free audiobooks. This would be a great thing to promote among our library patrons.

No comments:

Dijon

Dijon
A fine drop of burgundy