Tuesday, November 27, 2007

#23 Summary of thoughts

The challenge of Learning 2.0 was a decisive moment for me as I neared retirement. Either I could take the easy option and ignore new developments and drift along to retirement, or I could embrace modern technology with open arms and run with it. Luckily I made the right decision. What a buzz it has been - a truly great learning experience! Staff-members at our branch have had many interesting tea-room discussions and debates on what we have learned, and we have a whole new shared vocabulary. The Stephen Abram lecture was inspirational. Following the point Stephen made about sharing information I have added all the sites from the training to our Favourites on the Information Desk so that it is accessible to everyone. This will enable us to have a quick refresher in spare moments and have the sites at our fingertips when we are demonstrating their usefulness to the public. I have already suggested to a patron that he should become a contributor to Wikipedia in his particular field of interest, as I have done myself, and that Google Alerts are a really useful way of keeping in touch with current information. The learning continues...

No comments:

Dijon

Dijon
A fine drop of burgundy